Ben Amini, DDS, FAGD
As the founder of CitiDent, Dr. Amini leads by example to keep standards high. He holds numerous certifications and accolades, including the most prestigious commendation a general dentist can achieve: Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry. By attaining this fellowship, Dr. Amini joins an elite group of just 7 percent of all general dentists who possess this distinction. To gain a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD), Dr. Amini completed more than 500 hours of AGD approved hands-on workshops and didactic continuing education courses and passed an arduous written exam in all disciplines of dentistry. The willingness to voluntarily pursue such a rigorous path speaks volumes about Dr. Amini’s discipline and commitment to dentistry. All the extended learning means that at CitiDent, you will receive expert care from a dentist who is a practitioner and a clinical professor. Dr. Amini is a practitioner who has a sincere dedication to his craft and his patients, while teaching and training the next talented generation of dentists.
Dr. Amini, completed his undergraduate studies at San Diego State University, and obtained his dental degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of California, San Francisco, UCSF School of dentistry in 1996. He is a member of numerous local, national and international dental organizations and is currently an associate clinical professor at UCSF, School of Dentistry.
Some of the professional organizations Dr. Amini belongs to are:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- San Francisco Dental Society (SFDS)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Academy of Osseointegration
- World Clinical Laser Institute (WCLI)
- International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI)
- Member of Faculty Club at the Spear Education
- Member of Innovation Leadership Panel at Align Technology
- Member of Community Dental Health Committee, a chapter of San Francisco Dental Society
- Adjunct Faculty, Clinical Instructor, University of Pacific, School of Dentistry
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of California San Francisco, UCSF School of Dentistry
- Member of UCSF Admission Committee, School of Dentistry
- Past member of Peer Review Committee, Dental Board of California, SF Chapter
- UCSF Alumni—Life Member
- UC San Francisco Society Associate Member
Dr. Amini is also a past and current member of numerous local and national study clubs in Implant, cosmetic, laser dentistry and Invisalign. Dr. Amini is certified in laser dentistry and utilizes a state of the art laser technology by Waterlase, which in many procedures minimizes or completely eliminates the usage of dental drill and scalpel.
Dr. Amini is one of eight doctors selected for The Align Technology Innovation Leadership Panel in August 2011. This select group of Invisalign doctors advise Align Technology, the manufacturer of Invisalign, on product innovation ideas. These doctors have an exclusive level of access to information about new Invisalign products and services, and are a key source of ideas for new product innovation.
Dr. Amini has an Associate Fellowship status at the World Clinical laser Institute.
Dr. Amini stays abreast with the latest advances in dentistry by regularly attending study clubs, UCSF faculty seminars, and post-graduate continuing education courses in cosmetic, restorative, implant and laser dentistry. Use the following links to read the latest articles and publications from Dr. Amini:
- San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Comments on the Use of Painless Dental Lasers
- San Francisco Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Comments on the Study Linking Frequent Use of Marijuana to Increased Risk of Gum Disease
- San Francisco Dental Office, CitiDent, is Now Offering Advanced Oral Cancer Screening with ViziLite Pro
- San Francisco Dental Office, CitiDent, Now Offers Laser Cavity Detection Technology with Diagnodent
- San Francisco Dentist Comments on the Study Showcasing the New Technology for Reducing Infection Risk with Dental Implant Placement
- San Francisco Dentist, Ben Amini DDS, will Soon be Offering the New iTero Element, a 3D Scanning Technology
- San Francisco Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Comments on the Results of the Study Showing Increased Risk of Periodontal Disease with Marijuana Use
- New Anti-Snoring Devices Now Offered by CitiDent
- San Francisco Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Now Offers Laser Dental Treatments
- Carbonated Drinks Increase the Risk of Tooth Erosion
- Effect of HPV Vaccine on Rate of Cancer-Causing Infections
- San Francisco Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Warns about the Link between Common Oral Bacteria and Colon Cancer
- San Francisco Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Comments on the Study Linking Gum Disease to Alzheimer's
- San Francisco Dentist, Dr. Ben Amini, Warns About The Link Between Mal-alignment of Teeth And Risk of Periodontal Disease Progression And Tooth Wear
- CitiDent will be Offering The Latest Invisalign Scanner: Element 2
- Dr. Ben Amini, Dentist in San Francisco, Comments on the New Guidelines for Use of Silver Diamine Fluoride in Preventing the Spread of Cavities
- Dr. Ben Amini, Dentist in San Francisco, Advising Expecting Mothers on Their Oral Health
- Application of Laser in Dental Treatments, Explained by Dr. Ben Amini, San Francisco Dentist
Dr. Amini’s passion is teaching. He also enjoys cooking, reading, and traveling. He is an advanced scuba diver holding an Advance Open Water PADI certificate. He also holds a patent for a safety device in scuba diving.
Jennifer Ngo, DDS
Native Californian, Dr. Jennifer Ngo was raised in San Jose and studied at the University of Santa Clara, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biochemistry. Her Doctorate in Dental Surgery was achieved at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco.
A member of the California Dental Association and the American Dental Association, Dr. Ngo works closely with her patients and maintains outstanding clinical standards to ensure the best treatment possible for everyone she sees. She specifically takes time to discuss treatments with those who are reluctant to visit a dentist and help them overcome anxieties. As she strongly believes that dental care is a vital part of overall healthcare, Dr. Ngo not only treats patients, but also aims to educate them on how to clean and maintain their smile at home.
Recognizing that the field of dentistry evolves and advances, Dr. Ngo continues to take courses and learn about new technologies and treatment techniques.
In her free time, Dr. Ngo enjoys science fiction, yoga, sculpting, and cooking. She has participated in humanitarian trips to provide healthcare to rural areas in Vietnam, Honduras, and Jamaica, and can be seen volunteering locally at the Berkeley Free Clinic and San Francisco’s Project Homeless Connect.
Jasselle Cabugao, DDS
Dr. Jasselle Cabugao is a dedicated restorative and cosmetic dentist in the SF Bay Area. She believes her patients deserve the best treatment and strives to provide each patient with personalized, gentle care—just as she would like to be treated. She places great importance on patient education, and advocates for prevention so that her patients can avoid uncomfortable and complicated dental procedures. By providing comprehensive dentistry, she hopes to transform her patients’ smiles, and assist healthy lives as well.
Dr. Jasselle completed her Bachelor’s at UC Berkeley, then obtained her Doctorate at the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry (UCSF). She graduated with high honors from UCSF and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society on the basis of her clinical excellence, scholarship, character, and leadership. She is grateful for finding her passion for dentistry through volunteering at various community clinics in the Bay Area.
Dr. Jasselle strives to provide the highest quality of care by using treatment methods on the forefront of restorative dentistry: CEREC Same-Day Crowns, Invisalign, and she is one of the few dentists in San Francisco to be certified in the Bioclear® Technique to treat black triangles and provide long-lasting micro-esthetics. She is undergoing residency with Esthetic Professionals for the Comprehensive Esthetic and Advanced Restorative Program in Los Angeles, CA. She is a member of the American Dental Association, the California Dental Association, and the San Francisco Dental Society.
Raised in the Bay Area, she sees San Francisco as the ideal city for her professional career because she desires to care for, and be near for the people she loves most. Outside of the office, Dr. Jasselle loves spending quality time with her family and church community, traveling, relaxing with a good book, taking advantage of her ClassPass membership, and singing along with her guitar.
Ardavan Fateh, DDS, MMSc
Periodontics, Gum Surgery, Implants